[Hdf-forum] Parallel I/O with HDF5

jaber javanshir jaberjavanshir at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:21:52 CDT 2016

Hi All,

Hopa all is well.

I am trying to use hdf5 parallel feature for extreme scale computing.
I would like each processor write out a dseparate dataset.
This question is actually mentioned on the HDF5 website.
Due to the collective call every processor has to call the same data set.

https://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/faq/parallel.html How do you write to a single file in parallel in which different processes write to
separate datasets?Please advise on this matter.

The answer is not satisfying for the extreme scale computing where hundreds of thousand cores are involved.

Is there and better way of overcoming this issue?

Your advise on this issue is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dr J