[Hdf-forum] Close file without flushing?

Андрей Парамонов paramon at acdlabs.ru
Wed Aug 20 01:43:26 CDT 2014

20.08.2014 10:37, Dimitris Servis пишет:
> Big data or small data?

I don't know if 1M..1G qualifies as big or small ;-)
I just feel that several-second delay when closing temp. data files is
very stupid.

> Did you try storing everything under a single group and unlinking it
> from the root before closing? This *might* prevent HDF5 from wanting to
> flush anything.

"Might" is not what I'm expecting from the software ;-)
So, I guess there is no way to discard file, deterministically?

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov

--
believed to be clean.