[Hdf-forum] Failure to compile HDF

Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari ahsan at pmd.gov.pk
Tue Aug 12 01:17:40 CDT 2014

Dear George
Thank you for your reply. I didn't have red hat subscription that is why I
switched to CentOS6.5 and this time I upgraded gcc using devtoolset
gcc-4.8.2. The issue is that I want to install netcdf with netcdf4 support
which needs zlib and hdf to be compiled first. I installed zlib first and
then I tried to compile hdf specifying the zlib directory
 ./configure --with-zlib=/opt/zlib-1.2.8/ --prefix=/opt/hdf5-1.8.13
(config.log) is attached.
the make process again crashes at the end during tests. Please see attached
make.out.

Thank you for your help.
Ahsan